Current dates included in the 4 week span include, September 10, 17, 24 & October 1 at 2:00-3:30pm at 100-4 Fort St.
4 WEEK COGNITIVE BEHAVIOURAL THERAPY WITH MINDFULNESS (CBTm) CLASSES
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) is recommended as first-line treatment for most mental health conditions. However, many people do not have access to CBT due to long waiting lists. There are an increasing number of self-help CBT resources available (books, websites, online interactive programs). Many of these resources are good and easily accessible. People are more likely to use self-help resources when they have even a small amount of guidance from a therapist.
CBT Education Classes were designed to help people:
- Learn the basic principles of CBT for depressive and anxiety symptoms
- Learn about good quality self-help CBT resources
- Get a head start on CBT as part of their recovery
Who is likely to benefit from these classes?
Any individual with a current diagnosis of a mental health condition that involves depressive and/or anxiety symptoms. Who is unlikely to benefit from these classes? People with currently high suicidality, active psychosis, cognitive impairment (e.g. dementia, head injury), and those who have had extensive cognitive behavior therapy previously.
What to expect in the classes? Participants are welcome to bring one family member or friend to the classes. The classes will include both information and experiential learning. Homework will also be assigned weekly. The 4 classes will cover the following material:
- Class 1: Mindfulness, Basics of Cognitive Therapy, Thinking Traps, Thought Records
- Class 2: Mindfulness, Basics of Behaviour Therapy, Goal-Setting
- Class 3: Mindfulness, Principles of Healthy Living, Goal-Setting
- Class 4: Mindfulness, Anger/Assertiveness, Thought Records, Problem-Solving
Please note this group is for participants ages 16 and up.
Register on eventbrite.
Time & Place
Date and Time
September 17, 2018
2:00pm to 3:30pm
Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba
100-4 Fort St.