NEWS BULLETIN - UPDATE 2017 DONATION RECEIPTS
The Andrew Dunn organization would like to inform our amazing and treasured supporters of a system error that resulted in errors with some of the 2017 tax receipts processed, that are distributed through our charitable umbrella and valued partner, the Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba (MDAM). Steps are underway to rectify the situation, once this is complete new receipts will be reissued to replace the incorrect ones.
We have taken these issues very seriously and are working with MDAM to ensure this doesn’t happen in the future.
- Steps to take should you receive an incorrect tax receipt:
- Write “void” across the original issued receipt, if possible please take a picture of the Void receipt and email to: Ro-JeanA@mooddisordersmanitoba.ca
- These void receipts can be mailed back to MDAM at 100-4-Fort Street, MB, R3C 1C4
Receipts can also be dropped off at either of the 2 following locations:
- The Springfield Public Library at 60 024 Hwy 206 in Dugald
- The Sunrise Performing Arts Centre of Excellence (the SPACE) at 573 Main St in Oakbank
To all of our wonderful supporters, sponsors and participants you are incredibly important to us, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may has caused you.
The Andrew Dunn Walk/Run is a community event held in partnership with MDAM. It's held each year in Oakbank, MB, on the Saturday of the Mother's Day weekend in May. All ages are invited to take part in physical exercise while raising awareness and reducing the stigma associated with mental illness and suicide.
The event started in 2007 by MDAM's outreach manager Judy Dunn, who lost her son to suicide. It has grown every year, now attracting about 900 runners. To date, it has raised $425,000 in support of mental illness and suicide.
Registration is required for this event.
*A portion of pledges and donations are donated to MDAM.