Our Executive Director, Rita Chahal, along with other MDAM staff members are often called upon to do media interviews. Below are some of the more recent media spotlights.
To view, please click on the links below.
- Join us in congratulating Rita Chahal, our very own Executive Director of the Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba on being a recipient of Top 25 Immigrants In Canada Award. Watch her interview with CTV Morning show sharing a bit of her story and what this award means for her!
Please join everyone at MDAM in congratulating our very own Executive Director, Rita Chahal on being named one of the Top 25 Canadian Immigrants of 2022.Canadian Immigrant magazine’s Top 25 Canadian Immigrant Awards is the only national awards program that celebrates the achievements of inspiring Canadian immigrants. Winners are chosen from coast to coast, from diverse cultures and demographics, and different backgrounds and industries from a stellar list of 75 finalists.Congratulations on receiving this illustrious award Rita! To learn more, please visit https://canadianimmigrant.ca/.../canadas-top.../rita-chahal.
'Tots to Teens - Learning about MAD Camp' Rachel Lagacé from CTV Morning live and Rita Chahal, Executive Director at MDAM talk about M.A.D Camp 2022.
Tots to Teens: Learning about MAD Camps | CTV News
- Run helps raise awareness for mood disorders - Rita Chahal's interview with The Brandon Sun
- Rita Chahal, Executive Director at MDAM in an exclusive interview with CTV News talks about Run for Women by Shoppers Drug Mart happening on June 5, 2022!
- Dana Lance, MDAM's youth program coordinator was interviewed as part of the proclamation for May 7th for National Child and Youth Mental Health Day.
Child and Youth Mental Health Day | CBC.ca
- Manitoba lays out 5-year plan to improve mental health care.
- Finding his (Turkish) get-up and go - Nolan De Leon raised more than $3,500 for the Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba. The 25-year-old downtown Winnipeg resident was motivated by the anxiety people are feeling due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Check out this article written by the Winnipeg Free Press to learn more.
- United Way Agency Tour of MDAM
Agency Tour - Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba (MDAM) | United Way Winnipeg (vids.io)
- Marian Goldstone discusses the WRAP program on CBC News
- Marian Goldstone talks about burnout amidst the pandemic on Global News on January 6, 2022 (1:01 mark)
- MDAM Executive Director, Rita Chahal's latest interview on CTV News
- CTV Morning Live September 17,2021 - Chantal Kreviazuk talks about being the keynote speaker at the Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba’s Women’s Speaker Series on September 23rd.
'It's okay to talk about': Chantal Kreviazuk on ending the stigma around mental health | CTV News
- CBC Winnipeg News September 15, 2021 - Chantal Kreviazuk on ending the stigma around mental health.
CBC Winnipeg News September 15, 2021 | CBC.ca
- CTV Winnipeg Morning News - LIVE From M.A.D. Camp - August 10, 2021
Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba is excited to acknowledge the award of a $50,000 Stabilization Grant from the Winnipeg Foundation. Please click here to read the news release. - July 20, 2021
CTV Winnipeg Morning News - June 22, 2021
- Global Winnipeg Morning News - June 21, 2021
- U Multicultural - U Talk Ep 22 - Virtual Events IRAL Festival & Run For Women - June 22
- CBC Evening News - May 6, 2021
- Information Radio - MB with Marcy Markusa - May 4, 2021
- CJOB Radio with Geoff Currier - May 11, 2021 - Listen in as Executive Director Rita Chahal and colleague Marian Goldstone discuss the importance of mental health with Geoff Currier from CJOB. Navigate to the May 11th, 11:00 am podcast at the link, the interview starts at the 33:33 min mark.