Our Executive Director, Rita Chahal, along with other MDAM staff members are often called upon to do media interviews. Below are some of the more recent media spotlights.
To view, please click on the links below.
- Dana Lance, MDAM's youth program coordinator was interviewed as part of the proclamation for May 7th for National Child and Youth Mental Health Day.
- Manitoba lays out 5-year plan to improve mental health care.
- Finding his (Turkish) get-up and go - Nolan De Leon raised more than $3,500 for the Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba. The 25-year-old downtown Winnipeg resident was motivated by the anxiety people are feeling due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Check out this article written by the Winnipeg Free Press to learn more.
- United Way Agency Tour of MDAM
- Marian Goldstone discusses the WRAP program on CBC News
- Marian Goldstone talks about burnout amidst the pandemic on Global News on January 6, 2022 (1:01 mark)
- MDAM Executive Director, Rita Chahal's latest interview on CTV News
- CTV Morning Live September 17,2021 - Chantal Kreviazuk talks about being the keynote speaker at the Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba’s Women’s Speaker Series on September 23rd.
- CBC Winnipeg News September 15, 2021 - Chantal Kreviazuk on ending the stigma around mental health.
- CTV Winnipeg Morning News - LIVE From M.A.D. Camp - August 10, 2021
Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba is excited to acknowledge the award of a $50,000 Stabilization Grant from the Winnipeg Foundation. Please click here to read the news release. - July 20, 2021
CTV Winnipeg Morning News - June 22, 2021
- Global Winnipeg Morning News - June 21, 2021
- U Multicultural - U Talk Ep 22 - Virtual Events IRAL Festival & Run For Women - June 22
- CBC Evening News - May 6, 2021
- Information Radio - MB with Marcy Markusa - May 4, 2021
- CJOB Radio with Geoff Currier - May 11, 2021 - Listen in as Executive Director Rita Chahal and colleague Marian Goldstone discuss the importance of mental health with Geoff Currier from CJOB. Navigate to the May 11th, 11:00 am podcast at the link, the interview starts at the 33:33 min mark.